Requesting a Repeat Prescription
You can request your prescription in the following ways:
- By using our online Repeat Prescription Request form.
- By using our online services, My Health Online/Fy Iechlyd Ar-lein. If you are not registered to use this service, please Register for My Health Online/Fy Iechlyd Ar-lein.
- By hand: A repeat prescription request slip can be returned to us through the surgery letter box when requesting your next prescription.
- By Post: Postal requests should be accompanied by a stamped addressed envelope.
- Through your nominated local pharmacy.
Please note the following:
- When using our web ordering service at weekends, requests will be processed on the next working day and ready for collection 2 working days after request.
- No telephone requests are taken for repeat prescriptions.
- If you no longer take medication that appears on your slip, please advise the doctor when you next see him/her.
Our dispensary in Abercrave Surgery is open 8:30 – 12:00 daily; 13:30 – 17:00 Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
Acute prescriptions can normally be dispensed immediately after the surgery consultations. Repeat prescriptions are usually available for collection two working days after placing your order.
Prescriptions during Covid-19
Patients are encouraged to apply and sign up for a My Health Online Account to continue to order their medication electronically. If you are not registered to use this service, please complete our Register for Online Services form.
Pharmacy collection service
If you are a non-dispensing patient and have to take your prescription to the chemist, you can arrange with your local community pharmacy to collect your repeat prescription for you. Please contact them for further information.
Please allow 2 working days for your prescription to be processed.
Please note no telephone requests are taken for repeat prescriptions.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see, or speak to, a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and a notification should appear on your repeat slip.
Please ensure that you complete our online Medication Review form, or book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.